BLT (Bankruptcy Lawyer Topics) is a periodic review and comparison of consumer bankruptcy topics being covered on bankruptcy lawyer blogs.
Holding a J.D. and an International Affairs M.A. from Marquette University, Matt Leichter (matt [dot] leichter [at] gmail [dot] com) is an attorney licensed in Wisconsin and New York. Fearing the legal profession’s future, he has begun documenting the law school tuition bubble at his own blog, where you can read his latest post, “A Half-Hearted Defense of the Legal Services Cartel”.
- Click on BK Lawyer Blogs for a state-by-state list of bankruptcy lawyers with their own blogs.
- Have a blog or know a good blog post you think should be included? Or a suggestion for a future BLT theme? Send an e-mail to BLT [at] bankruptcybill [dot] us with the link.
- Suggestion to bankruptcy lawyers with blogs: Make sure to include a “Search” function somewhere on your blog. It makes it easier to find topical posts on your blog and increases the likelihood that a post from your blog will be included in BLT.
GENERAL or NON-STATE SPECIFIC
- 6th Circuit Determines that Negative Equity Financing can be Protected from Cramdown
- Underwater Mortgages in the U.S. by City
- Foreclosure: Should You Embrace It?
- Are You Behind on Your Mortgage?
- Who Decides about Reaffirming a Mortgage?
- South Carolina Bankruptcy Lawyer Unleashes Vulcan Intellect on the Hanging Paragraph
- Individual Chapter 11 Fact: You Can Always Cram Down Your Car
- Chapter 13 Debt Limit Qualifications
- Upside Down Car Loans Protected in 8th Circuit
- Bankruptcy and the Upside-Down House: American Dream a Nightmare?
- Fourth Circuit Rules that the “Hanging Paragraph” Protects Negative Equity
- Underwater Trade-In not Protected Claim in Bankruptcy
- Owe More than Your Car Is Worth?
- Upside Down Car Loans in Missouri, Redux
- Does Securitization Affect Loan Modification?
- Is Redefault Risk Preventing Mortgage Loan Mods?
- The Other Underwater Loans: Negative Equity in Auto Finance
***SEE MORE BLOG POSTS FROM BANKRUPTCY LAWYERS AROUND THE U.S.*** (more…)