BLT (Bankruptcy Lawyer Topics) is a periodic review and comparison of consumer bankruptcy topics being covered on bankruptcy lawyer blogs.
Holding a J.D. and an International Affairs M.A. from Marquette University, Matt Leichter (matt [dot] leichter [at] gmail [dot] com) is an attorney licensed in Wisconsin and New York. Fearing for the legal profession’s future, he has begun documenting the law school tuition bubble at his own blog, The Law School Tuition Bubble, where you can read his latest post, “Linkth Dimension–Law School Buildings”.
- Click on BK Lawyer Blogs for a state-by-state list of bankruptcy lawyers with their own blogs.
- Have a blog or know a good blog post you think should be included? Or a suggestion for a future BLT theme? Send an e-mail to BLT [at] bankruptcybill [dot] us with the link.
- Suggestion to bankruptcy lawyers with blogs: Make sure to include a “Search” function somewhere on your blog. It makes it easier to find topical posts on your blog and increases the likelihood that a post from your blog will be included in BLT.
GENERAL or NON-STATE SPECIFIC
- You Can Modify a Mortgage on a Your Home in a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy!
- Mortgage Cramdown – Yes!
- Why Does a Chapter 11 Cost So Much?
- Massachusetts Bankruptcy Judge Endorses Hybrid Plan
- South Carolina Bankruptcy Lawyer Unleashes Vulcan Intellect on the Hanging Paragraph
- When is a Car Purchased for Business Use?
- Upside Down Car Loans Protected in 8th Circuit
- How Can I Lower My Car Loan Balance in a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?
- Cramdown On First Mortgages Gets A Second Look By Senate
- Insurance Requirement on Vehicles in a Western District of Missouri Bankruptcy
- Redemption (of the 722 variety) for Struggling Homeowners
- Credit Bidding
- Where Did HAMP Go Wrong?
- Today’s Consumers Prefer Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 3 to 1
- Rates are Low–Where Are All the Refis?
- Electronic Copy of Bankruptcy Code and Rules
- The Role of Predatory Lending in the Collapse of Detroit (CL&P Blog)
- MBA & CRL duke it out on Bankruptcy reform (CL&P Blog)
***SEE MORE BLOG POSTS FROM BANKRUPTCY LAWYERS AROUND THE U.S.*** (more…)