BLT (Bankruptcy Lawyer Topics) is a periodic review and comparison of consumer bankruptcy topics being covered on bankruptcy lawyer blogs.
Holding a J.D. and an International Affairs M.A. from Marquette University, Matt Leichter (matt [dot] leichter [at] gmail [dot] com) is an attorney licensed in Wisconsin and New York. Fearing for the legal profession’s future, he has begun documenting the law school tuition bubble at his own blog, The Law School Tuition Bubble, where you can read his latest post, “Structural Unemployment Plagues U.S. Legal Sector.”
- Click on BK Lawyer Blogs for a state-by-state list of bankruptcy lawyers with their own blogs.
- Have a blog or know a good blog post you think should be included? Or a suggestion for a future BLT theme? Send an e-mail to BLT [at] bankruptcybill [dot] us with the link.
- Suggestion to bankruptcy lawyers with blogs: Make sure to include a “Search” function somewhere on your blog. It makes it easier to find topical posts on your blog and increases the likelihood that a post from your blog will be included in BLT.
GENERAL or NON-STATE SPECIFIC
- Reject Commercial Leases Quickly, Says 8th Circuit BAP
- Chapter 13 can save an investment property – Lien stripping in action
Reed Allmand, Esq. (Allmand & Lee) – Reed’s Bankruptcy Attorney Blog (Dallas and Ft. Worth, TX)
- Real Estate Mogul’s Bankruptcy Fraught With Accusations Of Fraud
- Commercial Real Estate Vacancy Rates Rise As Foreclosures And Bankruptcy Loom
- Tarrant County Developer Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Real Estate Developer Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy Automatic Stay Protection and Post-Foreclosure Proceedings
- Even Rapper Jay-Z Battles Foreclosure
- Dallas Logistics Hub Developers File Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
- Why More Commercial Real Estate Foreclosures Could Hamper A Recovery
Cary & Lippincott – Texas Collection Law Blog (Austin, TX)
Fears & Nachawati – Texas Bankruptcy Blog (Austin, Houston and San Antonio, TX)
***SEE MORE BLOG POSTS FROM BANKRUPTCY LAWYERS AROUND THE U.S.*** (more…)