BLT (Bankruptcy Lawyer Topics): Foreclosure Fraud, Robosigners, and Moratorium – by Matt Leichter, Esq.
BLT (Bankruptcy Lawyer Topics) is a periodic review and comparison of consumer bankruptcy topics being covered on bankruptcy lawyer blogs.
Holding a J.D. and an International Affairs M.A. from Marquette University, Matt Leichter (matt [dot] leichter [at] gmail [dot] com) is an attorney licensed in Wisconsin and New York. Fearing for the legal profession’s future, he has begun documenting the law school tuition bubble at his own blog, The Law School Tuition Bubble, where you can read his latest post, “Dear ABA Committee Chair, No, It’s Not That Complicated. Signed, The Legal Profession.”
- Click on BK Lawyer Blogs for a state-by-state list of bankruptcy lawyers with their own blogs.
- Have a blog or know a good blog post you think should be included? Or a suggestion for a future BLT theme? Send an e-mail to BLT [at] bankruptcybill [dot] us with the link.
- Suggestion to bankruptcy lawyers with blogs: Make sure to include a “Search” function somewhere on your blog. It makes it easier to find topical posts on your blog and increases the likelihood that a post from your blog will be included in BLT.
GENERAL or NON-STATE SPECIFIC
Beat the Press (Dean Baker, Center for Economic Policy Research)
- Foreclosure Moratorium: The NYT Does Not Know What The Obama Administration Fears, Only What It Says It Fears
- Moratorium for What?
- The Finality of Foreclosure Sales
- The Notary Fraud Condonation Act of 2010
- Foreclosure Relief Could Help Economy and End Chaos Faced By Borrowers
- Wrongful Foreclosures and Clouded Title
- Would the Foreclosure Fraud Have Occurred if the CFPB Were Already Here?
- Robosigner Scandal Making for Strange Bedfellows
- The Washington Post Reports That The Government Had Been Warned That The Mortgage Foreclosure Industry Was A Mess
- No Title Insurance Could Stall Sales of Foreclosed Homes
- Struggling Virginia Family Wrongfully Foreclosed By Chase
***SEE MORE BLOG POSTS FROM BANKRUPTCY LAWYERS AROUND THE U.S.***
Christine Wilton, Esq. – Los Angeles Bankruptcy Law Monitor (Los Angeles, CA)
- Robo-Signers Exposed Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- Foreclosure Mills Continue to Sweep Up America’s Homes Despite Evidence of Fraud
Hale Antico, Esq. – Los Angeles Bankruptcy Blog (Los Angeles, CA)
Mark Neis & Jill Michaux – Kansas Bankruptcy Law Information – (Topeka, KS)
Belsky Weinberg & Horowitz – Maryland Bankruptcy Lawyer Blog and Maryland Lawyer Online (Baltimore, Columbia, Greenbelt, Rockville, Glen Burnie, Hagerstown, MD)
- Attorney Generals Across the Nation are now Investigating the “Foreclosure Mess”
- The Foreclosure Moratorium and the Housing Market Impact on the Economy
- Senator Reid Calls Upon Big Banks to Halt Foreclosures Nationwide
- The Biggest Fraud This Country Has Ever Seen? The Foreclosure Crisis Nightmare Gets Worse!
Bill McLeod (McLeod Law Offices) – McLeod Law Blog (Boston, MA)
Haines & Krieger (Las Vegas, NV)
- Nevada: Foreclosure-Gate Causing Chaos In The Mortgage Industry
- Las Vegas: Three big reasons why the foreclosure fiasco isn’t just a “clerical error”
- Will the Bank of America “foreclosure fiasco” help me avoid foreclosure in Las Vegas?
Black & LoBello Law Blog (Las Vegas, NV)
- Nationwide joint investigation could make banks subject to fines
- Nevada Attorney General letter requests B of A to suspend foreclosures
- Tisha Black Chernine, Esq. quoted in RJ regarding wrongful foreclosures
- Bank of America to Stop Foreclosures in Nevada and Nationwide
- Obama to Veto Notary Bill
- Brooklyn judge tosses bad foreclosure filings
- Fannie Mae’s new First Look program
- Update on the U.S. Real Estate Market
- House Democrats Ask Fannie Mae to Suspend Lawsuits Against Underwater Borrowers
- Fannie Mae to Monitor Loan Servicers
- Foreclosure probe is the fault of homeowners???
- New York foreclosure relief gets a boost from Cuomo
- Bank foreclosure mess: Why it’s not just a paperwork filing error
- Big banks delay home foreclosures in New York: What does this mean for New York homeowners?
Reed Allmand, Esq. (Allmand & Lee) – Reed’s Bankruptcy Attorney Blog (Dallas and Ft. Worth, TX)
Fears & Nachawati – Texas Bankruptcy Blog (Austin, Houston and San Antonio, TX)
J. Brian Allen – Northeast Texas Bankruptcy Lawyer (Sulphur Springs, TX)
J. Michael McBride, P.C. – TexasLawyerBlog (Ft. Worth, TX)