Bankruptcy Billables is an overview of bankruptcy-relevant coverage and discussion from various law-related blogs.
Holding a J.D. and an International Affairs M.A. from Marquette University, Matt Leichter (matt [dot] leichter [at] gmail [dot] com) is an attorney licensed in Wisconsin and New York. Fearing the legal profession’s future, he has begun documenting the law school tuition bubble at his own blog, where you can read his latest post, “Failure to Launch: The Curious Case of Wilkes Law School, PA”.
- Real Housewife Finds Drama in Bankruptcy Court
- The Daily Docket: Trump Casinos Cleared To Exit Bankruptcy
- St. Vincent’s Sale Plan Hits a Snag
- With Properties Nearly Worthless, Even Lender Walks Away
- Doctors Fight St. Vincent’s Bid to Pay Contractors
- SpongeTech Strikes Out in Bankruptcy
- Opera Props Find New Life at Harry Potter Park
- Mudslide Prevents ‘Ghost Town in The Sky’ From Reopening
- Fraud Suspect Faces X-Rated Accusations
- Rothstein Emails Reveal Cash Concerns
- Pasadena Playhouse Set to Emerge From Bankruptcy
- The Daily Docket: Tronox Files Bankruptcy-Exit Plan
- Art Business Tumbles Into Bankruptcy
- Judge Bans Travel for Hecker
- Former Kiss Guitarist Loses Bankruptcy Appeal
- NYC OTB’s Board Approves New President
- Police Chief With Rothstein Ties Cleared
- The Daily Docket: Flying J Cleared to Exit Bankruptcy
- New Era Says Texas Rangers Behind on Hat Payments
- Rubashkin Appeals Conviction
- Chocolate Maker’s Auction Delayed By Break-In
- Former Steeler Dermontti Dawson Lists $69M Debts in Chapter 7
- Former NBA Star Walker Pleads Not Guilty to Gambling-Debt Charges
- Gambling Goes Glam at Greenbrier
- The Daily Docket: Truvo Files for Chapter 11
- Stick to Your Guns
- Rappers’ Car Dealer Rolls Into Bankruptcy
- Loan Guarantees Led To Brunell’s Bankruptcy
- The Daily Docket: Razor Maker May File For Bankruptcy
NYLawyer.com (free registration required)
- Prosecutors Go After Bankruptcy Attorneys – and Their Fees – in Wrap-Up of Crookedest Lawyer’s Firm
- NY Client Says MegaFirm’s Miscues Bankrupted It
- Undercount of Student Loan Default Rates
- Automated Due Process
- Foreclosure Update: the Good and the Bad
- The Cost of Rushing GM?
- Real Housewives of New Jersey Bankruptcy
- Auto Title Loans, Not So Bad After All—Who Knew?
- Getting Rid of Nonrecourse Mortgages?
- Are the Rich More Likely to Default on Their Mortgages?
- Winning While Losing in the Supreme Court ‒ Schwab v. Reilly
- Too Big to Fail = Too Powerful to Pay
- June Sees Big Drop in Bankruptcy Filing Rate
Did we miss a good recent bankruptcy-related post on another blog? E-mail bill [at] bankruptcybill [dot] us to let us know.