Bankruptcy Billables is an overview of bankruptcy-relevant coverage and discussion from various law-related blogs.
Holding a J.D. and an International Affairs M.A. from Marquette University, Matt Leichter (matt [dot] leichter [at] gmail [dot] com) is an attorney licensed in Wisconsin and New York. Fearing the legal profession’s future, he has begun documenting the law school tuition bubble at his own blog, The Law School Tuition Bubble, where you can read his latest post, “Legal Education in New York: Top of the Heap or Dream Deferred.”
- Why Is the Government Paying High Interchange Fees?
- Broke USA Tells Payday Loan Stories from the Ground Up
- Let’s Stop Praying to the Credit Score
- Rating Agencies on Strike
- The Code and the new Financial Reform Act
- HAMP Update: Still Ineffective
- Elizabeth Warren and the CFPB
- What’s a Poor (Corporate) Debtor to Do?
- On the Rangers’ Bankruptcy
- Job of the Week: BK in AZ
- Student v. School: Charlotte School of Law Sued by Student Seeking Admissions for Bankruptcy Proceeding
- Accounting News Roundup: Rangel Settlement May Be in the Works; IMA Launches New Website; Landing a Job with Uncle Sam | 07.29.10
- Accounting News Roundup: Bankruptcy Examiner to Investigate WaMu Failure; Ex-KPMG Tax Principal Pleads Guilty; UK Inspector Says Audits Need ‘Significant Improvement’ | 07.21.10
- Accounting News Roundup: Sue Sachdeva to Plead Guilty for Koss Embezzlement; AIG Settles Accounting Fraud with Ohio for $725 Mil; Some PwCers Are Hanging Out the Shingle | 07.19.10
NYLawyer.com (free registration required)
- Gems TV Remains Form Foundation of New Shopping Channel
- Lehman Seeks To Pay Former Execs’ Legal Fees
- The Daily Docket: American Safety Razor Files for Bankruptcy
- Weil Gotshal Tops Vault List of Bankruptcy Firms
- Tribune Examiner Finds for Law Firm in Lender Lawsuit Fight
- Bidders Snap Up Salander Possessions
- Cuban Offer for Rangers Could Mirror Balsillie’s Coyotes Bid
- White House Defends Elizabeth Warren
- Rothstein Feeder Fund Agrees to Surrender Assets
- Judge Orders Rangers Manager to Win World Series
- Law Firm Sanctioned in Bankruptcy Case
- Attorney Confirms Cuban’s Interest in Texas Rangers
- Brush With TV Fame Can’t Save Builder From Bankruptcy
- Nolan Ryan Learns Court Could Help Rangers Add Players
- Lights, Camera, Bankruptcy
- Mark Cuban Mentioned in Court as Possible Rangers Bidder
- Mexican Tourism Company Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- The Daily Docket: Innkeepers USA Files for Chapter 11
- CBGB Holdings Slams Kristal Estate
- From Bankruptcy to Tiffany
- The Daily Docket: Jennifer Convertibles Collapses
- Bankruptcy Trustee Wants Michael Vick to Return $2 Million
- Courtroom Drama Over Misplaced Comma
Did we miss a good recent bankruptcy-related post on another blog? E-mail bill [at] bankruptcybill [dot] us to let us know.