BLT (Bankruptcy Lawyer Topics) is a periodic review and comparison of consumer bankruptcy topics being covered on bankruptcy lawyer blogs.
Holding a J.D. and an International Affairs M.A. from Marquette University, Matt Leichter (matt [dot] leichter [at] gmail [dot] com) is an attorney licensed in Wisconsin and New York. Fearing the legal profession’s future, he has begun documenting the law school tuition bubble at his own blog where you can read his latest post, “Bottleneck Attack!“.
Click on BK Lawyer Blogs for a state-by-state list of bankruptcy lawyers with their own blogs.
- Have a blog or know a good blog post you think should be included? Or a suggestion for a future BLT theme? Send an e-mail to BLT [at] bankruptcybill [dot] us with the link.
- Suggestion to bankruptcy lawyers with blogs: Make sure to include a “Search” function somewhere on your blog. It makes it easier to find topical posts on your blog and increases the likelihood that a post from your blog will be included in BLT.
GENERAL or NON-STATE SPECIFIC
- Student Loan Zombie Debt
- What Is Zombie Debt and Why Is It a Problem?
- Creditors Try to Collect Debt Discharged by Bankruptcy
- What Is Zombie Debt?
- Zombie Debt Haunts the Discharged
- What Is a Zombie Debt?
- Bankruptcy: Why Do I Need to Save My Papers?
- Chapter 13 Claims Abuses
- Zombie Debt, Being Sued by a Debt Buyer
- Am I Responsible for the Debts of my Deceased Spouse or Other Relatives?
- Who Is This Unknown Collector That Filed a Proof of Claim in My Bankruptcy?
- Bankruptcy – Do I Have the Right to Remain Silent?
- Can You Defend a Credit Card Lawsuit When You May Owe the Money?
***SEE MORE BLOG POSTS FROM BANKRUPTCY LAWYERS AROUND THE U.S.***
Matt Dunaway, Esq. – Birmingham Bankruptcy Blog (Birmingham, AL)
Jonathan Ginsberg, Esq. – theBKLaw (Atlanta, GA)
- Georgia Collection Law Firm Facing Lawsuit from Governors’ Office of Consumer Affairs
- Debt Collector’s Unlawful Message on Answering Machine May Give Rise to Stay or Discharge Violation Action
- Illinois Credit Card Claims subject to 5 year Statute of Limitation – not 10 years for written contract
- How do I get my creditors to stop calling me?
Rachel Lynn Foley, Esq. – Missouri Bankruptcy (Kansas City and Independence, MO)
Haines & Krieger (Las Vegas, NV)
Law Office of Daniel C. Nunley, Esq. – Oklahoma Bankruptcy Lawyer Blog (Broken Arrow, OK)
Fears & Nachawati – Texas Bankruptcy Blog (Austin, Houston and San Antonio, TX)
J. Brian Allen – Northeast Texas Bankruptcy Lawyer (Sulphur Springs, TX)
J. Michael McBride, P.C. – TexasLawyerBlog (Ft. Worth, TX)
Brad Lund, Esq. (Lund Law Offices) – Law By Lund (Wasau, WI)